Emory Goizueta Business School Essays
1.) Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)
2.) The Business School is named for Roberto C. Goizueta, former Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company, who led the organization for 16 years, extending its global reach, quadrupling consumption, building brand responsibility, and creating unprecedented shareholder wealth. It is his legacy and the strength of his character that gives rise to our vision: Principled Leaders for Global Enterprise. We encourage you to watch this short video for inspiration in answering the question. The transcript of the video can be found here.
Provide an example of your leadership – professional or personal – and explain what you learned about yourself through the experience.
Please limit your response to 300 words.
3. Complete one of the following statements. Please limit your response to 250 words.
- I am passionate about…
- The best piece of advice I’ve received is…
- The best day of my life was…
- A personal goal I want to accomplish is…
4.In 25 words or less, please share with the committee and your future classmates an interesting or fun fact about you.
Optional Essay: If you have additional information or feel there are extenuating circumstances which you would like to share with the MBA Admissions Committee (i.e. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance issues or areas of weakness in application). Please limit your response to 250 words.
*Additional Essay for the Center Fellowship is required. Visit the Center Fellowship website for details.
Re-applicant Essay: Applicants who have applied to Goizueta Business School in the past are required to answer the following questions.
1. What is your short-term career goal? How are your professional strengths, past experience and personal attributes aligned with these goals?
2. Explain how you have improved your candidacy for Goizueta Business School’s MBA Program since your last application. (250 word limit)
Essays should be written in 12pt. font and double-spaced.
* These essays are for the 2016-2017 admission season.